NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About Our Job:
Job responsibilities will include:
- The Associate Editor copy-edits and proofreads columns and features, as well as producing product-related copy and short features.
- Working with the editor, art director and production manager through all phases of magazine production.
- Interacting with the magazine staff and freelance contributors to procure editorial content and photographic images.
- Handling all writer and photographer contracts and invoices and ensuring they are submitted to the finance department in a timely manner for processing.
- This role requires editorial decisions regarding content, editorial plan, and photography in conjunction with the editor as well as independent decision making in the editor’s absence.
- Some overnight travel (3-6 trips per year) is required; the associate editor must be able to interface knowledgeably and professionally with representatives of the hunting, shooting and outdoors industry.
- Occasional participation in advertiser-sponsored hunts is also expected.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, keen attention to details and the ability to effectively and enthusiastically perform all assigned editorial duties is required.
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- A Journalism/English degree or equivalent editorial work experience is required.