Director of Programming – MOTV
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About Our Job
The Director of Programming will report directly to the General Manager of MOTV. This full-time role is responsible for programming MyOutdoorTV (MOTV). MOTV is an over-the-top (OTT) Internet subscription-video-on-demand (SVOD) streaming platform serving the hunting and fishing market globally. Working closely with the MOTV and Outdoor Sportsman Group teams, the successful candidate will bring experience, passion and curiosity to this role, and will help us deliver the most compelling, comprehensive and customized outdoor viewing experience in the world. This role Is responsible for programming all MOTV platforms, domestic and international.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Develop program schedules.
- Digital program/content management.
- Maximize consumption of MOTV content.
- Maximize the value of MOTV content to support Engagement and Acquisition goals.
- Develop and test new and better ways to present MOTV's deep and broad content library in each market/season.
- Work with the team to find ways to make it easy for MOTV users to find the right content at the right time, and to discover new content.
- Rigorously dig into MOTV"s vast supply of viewing data to uncover insights that will improve engagement, retention.
- Work with team to fully exploit our search functionality to help MOTV users find
- the content they are looking for.
- Contribute to content marketing strategy.
- Contribute to Content Acquisition and Original Content strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Linear and On Demand programming experience
- Pro-active self-starter, able to work autonomously
- Strong believer in testing and learning; comfortable making decisions to try new things without 100% certainty or prior experience/data
- Someone who will love to roll up their sleeves and dig into data from our platform, to find insights to help guide the business
- Broad curiosity, quick learner
- A sprinter and a marathoner (ability to maintain both short and long-term focus and perspectives)
- Communicate and work well under deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Requirement – Three years’ experience
- Experience & Education Equivalency – None
- Licensure/Certification Requirement – None