NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Senior Accounting Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
This position is responsible for a variety of accounting functions for multiple magazines. Under the guidance and supervision of the Outdoor Sportsman Group Publishing Senior Accounting Manager, the primary role of the Staff Accountant will focus on timely and accurate monthly close, financial analysis, and various other projects.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform month-end GL close, including account reconciliations for fixed assets, prepaids, goodwill and accrued liabilities.
- Prepare and post assigned journal entries for all titles.
- Prepare well-organized, concise, and well-documented work papers.
- Strong communication skills based upon confidence and respect that allow you to influence others positively and build strong relationships.
- A sense of urgency and desire to proactively solve problems as they arise.
- Assist in the preparation of work-papers for the year-end audit.
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 0-3 years’ experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience with strength in Excel.
- Proficiency in Great Plains accounting software is a plus.
- Must be highly analytical and have an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments.
- Proven record of timely and efficient completion of high-level projects with minimal oversight.