The All-American Sportsman Finds Home on Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks’ Q3 ProgrammingJune 29, 2018
#DeerWeek Takeover September 17-23 on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel
DENVER (June 29, 2018) – It’s open season on land and sea this summer with Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network’s Q3 programming lineup debuting Monday, July 2. Catch original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks with each network’s spin on original and authentic storytelling. Plus, #DeerWeek takeover arrives on September 17-23 as thoughts turn to treestands deer hunting season with a primetime lineup of everything viewers love and appreciate about deer hunting.
“We are especially excited to welcome back #DeerWeek in September,” President and CEO of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Jim Liberatore said. “Our third quarter lineup sets the table for our viewers that are itching to get back outdoors into the woods come Fall.”
While it’s the final duck call as the last season of Duck Dynasty premieres on Outdoor Channel this summer, a trio of new shows: Mossy Oak’s Country Roots (Tuesdays, 9 p.m. ET), Critical Mass – from the team at Drury Outdoors and Mossy Oak (Tuesdays, 10:30 p.m. ET) and, from across the “pond” in Europe, Wild Boar Fever makes its U.S. network debut on Saturday, July 7 at 6 p.m. ET. Also this summer is the syndicated premiere of the reality competition series, Wicked Tuna, beginning July 2 at 9 p.m. ET.
- Mossy Oak’s Country Roots (Premieres July 3 at 9 p.m. ET): Formally known as Huntin’ the Country, Mossy Oak’s Country Roots captures the authentic passions and obsessions that live in the beating heart of their brand by following the people who drive the company every day.
- Critical Mass (Premieres July 3 at 10:30 p.m. ET): Twelve contestants are picked to battle it out in a myriad of competitions that last throughout their hunting season. This new format show will take conversations from social media and carry them over into the show and ultimately, introduce newcomers to the outdoors.
- Wild Boar Fever (Premieres Saturday, July 7 at 6 p.m. ET): See the best driven boar hunting in locations across Europe. Challenging shooting and plentiful numbers of wild boar make for non-stop action. Wild Boar Fever has already taken Europe by storm, and now America is about to experience this unique style of hunting.
- Duck Dynasty – Season 11 (Premieres Monday, July 2 at 6 p.m. ET): Follow the Robertson Louisiana clan on their farewell season, featuring Willie, Si, Jase, Jep, Phil and Miss Kay.
- Wicked Tuna (Premieres Monday, July 2 at 9 p.m. ET): Follow a group of salty fisherman from the nation’s oldest seaport in Gloucester, Massachusetts, as they make their living the way its been done for centuries – rod and reel fishing, one catch at a time, in pursuit of Bluefin Tuna.
Created for the true American sportsman and woman, Sportsman Channel showcases hunting, shooting and fishing through unique and authentic storytelling. Transitioning to more blaze orange for the season on air are a number of new series making their debut, including: Last of a Breed (Saturdays, 10 a.m. ET); Blitz TV (Saturdays, 12 p.m. ET); Greg McHale’s Yukon Wild (Saturdays, 12:30 p.m. ET) and Under Wild Skies (Saturdays, 10 p.m. ET). Favorites returning with fresh episodes include: The Western Hunter (Mondays, 8:30 p.m. ET); Into High Country (Mondays, 9:30 p.m.); Big Deer TV (Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. ET); Easton Bowhunting (Fridays, 10 p.m. ET); and RNT-TV (Saturdays, 3 p.m. ET). Don’t miss the Saturday stunts beginning at 5 p.m. ET with fun and entertaining three-hour programming themes, including Major League Bowhunter Marathon for
Chipper Jones’ MLB Hall of Fame Induction (Saturday, July 21) and Labor Day Brotherhood Outdoors Marathon (Saturday, September 1).
- Blitz TV (Saturdays, 12 p.m. ET): As they try to find equilibrium between work, family and pursuing their passion of hunting mature big game, two-time NFL Pro-Bowler Trent Cole and his co-host, Josh Atkinson, take viewers full circle from one hunting season to the next.
- Into High Country (Mondays, 9:30 p.m. ET): Jason Matzinger seeks to capture the very best of western hunting from his home state of Montana, and throughout the West.
- Big Deer TV (Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. ET): Veteran hunter Mike Hanback travels to all corners of North America in search of big, mature bucks.
- Saturday Stunts (Saturdays, 5-8 p.m. ET): Major League Bowhunter Marathon for Chipper Jones’ MLB Hall of Fame Induction (July 21). Not just former Major Leaguer All-Star, now he’s Hall of Famer Chipper Jones; Hottest Hunts (August 18) – some game comes with a little extra blood, sweat and tears; Labor Day Brotherhood Outdoors Marathon (September 1) celebrates union members being treated to hunts in appreciation of their labor.
Airing on both Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel is #DeerWeek on September 17-23 from
7 p.m. to midnight ET each night. Hosts Lee and Tiffany Lakosky of Crush with Lee and Tiffany will take viewers on an adventurous deer-centric journey.
World Fishing Network is the angler’s off-water destination for all things fishing. WFN continues engaging viewers with instructions, tips, tournaments, travel, food, boating, outdoor lifestyle and more. See sights on a new fishing block on Fridays – Fishin’ Florida – with shows featuring the Sunshine State from 8–10:30 p.m. ET. And don’t miss new seasons of: Skeeter Bass Champs (Mondays, 9:30 p.m. ET); Charlie Moore: No Offense (Sundays, 10 p.m. ET) and The Obsession of Carter Andrews (Sundays, 10:30 p.m. ET).
Other Q3 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Favorites returning to the airwaves with new episodes include: Headhunters TV with Nate Hosie and Randy Birdsong (Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. ET); Red Arrow with Kip Campbell (Thursdays, 8:30 p.m. ET); Heartland Bowhunter (Thursdays, 9:30 p.m. ET) and Nick’s Wild Ride with Nick Hoffman (Fridays, 7:30 p.m. ET).
- Catch the premiere of Live2Hunt with Cody & Kelsey (Sundays, 7 p.m. ET) as Jim Shockey’s first cameraman, Cody Robbins, blazes his own trail in hunting TV.
- Sportsman Channel
- Other favorites returning on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include: West of Texas (Mondays, 10 p.m. ET); Whitetail Properties (Tuesday, 9:30 p.m. ET); Country Boys Outdoors (Saturdays, 11:30 a.m. ET); Razor Dobbs Alive (Saturdays, 9 p.m. ET); and Red Rising (Sundays, 12:30 p.m. ET).
- Additional new series making their debuts include: Back Country Hunters (Mondays, 7:30 p.m. ET); Whitetail Frenzy (Fridays, 7 p.m. ET); Elk Camp (Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. ET) and Last of a Breed starring Laramy “Sasquatch Mountain Man” Miller (Saturdays, 10 a.m. ET).
- Making their Sportsman Channel debut is For Love or Likes (Sundays, 3:30 p.m. ET).
- Down South is rebranding to Bowed Up and will air Sundays at 6:30 p.m. ET. Follow Jason Martin and friends as they hunt beautiful and remote areas across the Southeastern United States.
- World Fishing Network
- Other notable series include: Linder’s Fishing Edge (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET); Xtreme Crappie Angler (Tuesdays, 10:30 p.m. ET) and Buccaneers and Bones (Fridays, 9 p.m. ET).
- Saltwater Thursdays (8–10:30 p.m. ET) has a lineup change for Q3: The block begins with Flats Class (at 8 p.m. ET), The Kayak Fishing Show (8:30 p.m. ET), Grand Slam Fishing (9 p.m. ET), BigWater Adventure (10 p.m. ET) and Livin’ the Dream with Captain Jimmy Nelson (10:30 p.m. ET).
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of a number of established publishing assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212. 852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com