Find Your Adventure with Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Expert Lifestyle Series Q1 LineupDecember 17, 2021
Outdoor Channel’s Popular “Taste of the Wild” Monday Night Block Continues; Plus, Andrew Zimmern Joins OutdoorChannel.com with Original Digital Series “Wild Game Kitchen with Andrew Zimmern”
DENVER (December 17, 2021) – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network connect passionate hunters, anglers, recreational shooters, and adventure seekers with a new slate of programming beginning on December 27, 2021. All three networks are showcasing original premieres focusing on the adventure lifestyle of the outdoors and new episodes from returning series to kick off the New Year.
“Each passing year brings new and interesting opportunities to showcase best in class programming on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network,” Outdoor Sportsman Group Head of Programming Tim Cremin said. “The new year is no different as Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks welcome new shows, partners and personalities for fun, adventure and excitement that highlight outdoor living.”
Outdoor Channel’s unique Monday night lineup of cutting-edge culinary influencers spotlight the “Taste of the Wild” block continuing in Q1 with new episodes and shows. Get a taste of the field-to-fork lifestyle with featured network original series: Wild Game Masterclass with Mike Robinson
(7 p.m. ET), WildFed (7:30 p.m. ET) and Dead Meat (8:30 p.m. ET). Additionally, from the producers of MeatEater comes the new series Fur Hat Ice Tour (8 p.m. ET) exploring fun in the cold with ice fishing. Outdoor Channel also is delivering more fishing content with Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour and Major League Fishing Cups returning on Saturday afternoons. Plus, tune-in for the premiere of The Trail (February 25 at 9 p.m. ET), as well as OutdoorChannel.com landing mega star Andrew Zimmern in a new, original, digital cooking series Wild Game Kitchen with Andrew Zimmern beginning February 28.
- Wild Game Masterclass with Mike Robinson (Mondays, 7 p.m. ET): Wild Game Masterclass is a step-by-step guide to cooking amazing restaurant-style dishes from start to finish. English restaurateur and hunter Mike Robinson cooks in easy-to-follow stages in his new kitchen at
'The Woodsman' Restaurant.
- Dead Meat (Season 5 premieres December 27, 8:30 p.m. ET): Hosted by Chef Scott Leysath, Dead Meat is about finding interesting people who have a passion for making some of the ugliest critters taste delicious.
- WildFed (Season 2 premieres February 21 at 7:30 p.m. ET): Daniel Vitalis takes viewers on an exciting culinary journey, reminding them of a time when communities relied on each other and the land for their food.
- Fur Hat Ice Tour (Premieres January 3 at 8 p.m. ET): For those who crave suspense, lust for adventure, and harbor an unfulfilled interest in high fashion, we have just the thing for you – ice fishing.
- Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour (Saturdays, 12 p.m. ET) – The Bass Pro Tour is Major League Fishing’s top-level competitive circuit.
- Major League Fishing Cups (Saturdays, 2 p.m. ET): Thirty anglers qualify for each of these four MLF Cup events: Challenge Cup, Heritage Cup, Patriot Cup and Summit Cup.
- The Trail (One-hour premiere February 25, 9 p.m. ET): Laramy “Sasquatch” Miller is a modern-day mountain man. Follow along as he tests his adventure survival skills and knowledge of the land.
- OutdoorChannel.com – new original digital series with Andrew Zimmern “Wild Game Kitchen with Andrew Zimmern” premieres February 28. Four-time James Beard Award-winning chef and Emmy Award-winning host Andrew Zimmern gets up-close-and-personal with viewers through cooking, travel and delicious food.
Sportsman Channel is bringing back viewers’ favorite fishing series in January with the popular “Friday Night Fishing” lineup returning on Friday nights at 7 p.m. ET. For viewers who desire more hunting and shooting action, the network welcomes new series: Nordic Wild Hunter, Trekin Outdoors and Target Rich Environment. And don’t miss fan-favorite shows with new episodes: AdVANture Hunter, Pigman: The Series, Guns & Ammo, Respect the Game and Winchester Deadly Passion, to name a few.
- Nordic Wild Hunter (Mondays, 10:30 p.m. ET): Walk in the harsh and beautiful wilderness of the Nordic countries with Kristoffer Clausen as he pursues a variety of wildlife from birds to big game and puts his bushcraft knowledge to the test. Experience the life of a “Nordic Wild Hunter” in the second season of this exciting original series.
- Trekin Outdoors (Wednesday, 7 p.m. ET): Follow two lifelong buddies, Chris and Tyler, with an aggressive passion for the outdoors, on their adventures across North America as they pursue whitetail and other game.
Target Rich Environment (Sundays, 1:30 p.m. ET): Target Rich Environment is an action-packed reality-based hunting show about one of the world’s largest hunting operations with different hunts going on in virtually every segment of the one million acres of hunting land. Although it is a reality-based show, a “target rich environment” provides all the entertainment any true sportsman needs.
- AdVANture Hunter (Mondays, 8:30 p.m. ET): AdVANture Hunter is an action-packed series that unveils the nomadic and sustainable lifestyle of hunting, fishing and heart-stopping experiences all while living and traveling in ruggedly-built Mercedes Sprinter Vans.
- Guns & Ammo (Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET): Award-winning Guns & Ammo TV offers exclusive first-look reviews of firearms, ammo, optics and accessories by its group of resident experts.
- Respect the Game (Tuesdays, 9 p.m. ET): The team of Respect the Game bowhunters travel North America, hunting big game animals from antelope on the Western Plains to whitetails of the Midwest to giant black bears of the Canadian north.
World Fishing Network is the complete destination to the angling lifestyle. The network continues showcasing top angling personalities – Jarrett Edwards (Jarrett Edwards Outdoors), George Poveromo (George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing), Mariko Izumi (Instill the Catch) and Bill Dance (Bill Dance Outdoors), to name a few. Plus, don’t miss young newcomer Trey McKinney (Training Up the Next Generation).
- Jarrett Edwards Outdoors (Tuesdays, 8 p.m. ET): By utilizing the newest products and techniques, Jarrett, along with nationally-recognized experts in the field, takes viewers for an exciting day on the water as it unfolds.
- George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing (Thursdays, 8 p.m. ET): George Poveromo teaches viewers how to catch a wide variety of saltwater game fish, from exotic species such as blue marlin and bonefish, to regional favorites such as dolphin, wahoo, tuna, king mackerel and numerous others.
- Instill the Catch with Mariko Izumi (Fridays, 9 p.m. ET): This series features Mariko Izumi visiting guides and new fishing locations all around British Columbia and Ontario with her children in tow for all the action and life lessons.
- Bill Dance Outdoors (Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET): Hosted by legendary fisherman Bill Dance, each episode focuses on various aspects of recreational fishing techniques, usually targeting largemouth and smallmouth black bass species.
Other Q1 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Viral Outdoors (Tuesdays, 11 p.m. ET): Showcasing the world’s most outrageous and hilarious hunting, fishing and outdoor videos with host Matt Busbice.
- Highly-anticipated MeatEater – Season 9, Part 2 begins on February 21 at 8 p.m. ET.
- “The Hatfields and McCoys” three-part movie series: January 8, January 15 and the conclusion on January 22, all at 9 p.m. ET.
- Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel are hosting two product premieres with unparalleled multi-media coverage: the Archery Trade Association (ATA) and the Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show.
- ATA New Product Premiere (February 5, 7 p.m. ET): Featuring the latest, cutting-edge products from 2021 on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel.
- SHOT Show New Product Premiere (February 28-March 4, 6 p.m. ET and March 5, 5 p.m. ET): Outdoor industry journalists conduct reviews and interviews to bring viewers the best, most innovative new products in the country.
- Sportsman Channel
- Super Pigskin Bowl (February 12, 5 p.m. ET): One of Sportsman Channel’s highest-rated stunts is back! You can’t have a football championship without a football, and you can’t make a football without pig skin. So, just in time for the Super Bowl, Sportsman Channel will showcase some of the best pig hunts from its favorite hunting series.
- Archery Shooters Association 3D Live Tournaments returns for live broadcasts on Saturdays
- Hoyt/Easton Pro/Am (Foley, AL) airs Saturday, February 26 at 5 p.m. ET
- Elite Archery Pro/Am (Russell County, AL) airs Saturday, March 26 at 5 p.m. ET.
- Additional shows with new episodes in Q1 include:
- Winchester and Drury’s Natural Born (Sundays, 10:30 p.m. ET)
- Everything Eichler (Sundays, 12:30 p.m. ET)
- Quick Hunts (Thursday, 8 p.m. ET)
- Canada in the Rough (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Wild Strongholds (Saturdays, 10 p.m. ET)
- World Fishing Network
- Extreme fish-for-food adventures begin on Saturday evenings during “The Reel Fork” block of programming with Alaska’s Wild Gourmet (6:30 p.m. ET), The Fishmonger (7 p.m. ET), Dead Meat (7:30 p.m. ET), The Sporting Chef (8 p.m. ET) and Here’s the Catch (8:30 p.m. ET).
- Additional shows to catch in Q1 include:
- Jimmy Houston Outdoors (Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET)
- In-Fisherman TV (Tuesdays, 9 p.m. ET)
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as Sportsman Channel Canada and MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content streaming platform. The Group also consists of a number of established publishing assets: 16 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Game & Fish, Petersen’s Hunting, In-Fisherman and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com