Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Bring Sizzling Adventures for Summer Programming Lineup Beginning June 26June 19, 2017
Survival Goes High Tech with Outdoor Channel Original Series “Survival Science”; Hunter Orange Becomes Summer’s Color on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel
DENVER (June 19, 2017) – Summer is sizzling at Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network – with original, adventure, survival and lifestyle series; Friday night movies and preparation for fall hunting and fishing seasons. With original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks, viewers also can expect the most original outdoor programming focused on their passions beginning on Monday, June 26.
“The summer is always an exciting time of year for us because we are filled with expectations,” said CEO and President of Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks, Jim Liberatore. “While the warm summer air evokes thoughts of days and evenings fishing on the streams, lakes and oceans; we also look towards the fall and hunting season. Our OSG programming sets the tone for those thoughts and stirs the emotions of enjoying the outdoors and nature.”
Outdoor Channel is heating up the summer with a fresh slate of programming that chronicles the dynamic outdoor adventures of the network’s esteemed talent. The network is offering 70 new seasons of shows including: GunnyTime with R. Lee Ermey, Hunt Masters, CRUSH with Lee & Tiffany, Drury’s THIRTEEN, Jim Shockey’s UNCHARTED and Hunting Adventures, just to name a few. Also, ever wonder about the science of surviving in the outdoors? Nick Mundt and Laura Schara explore what it takes to do just that in the new original series Survival Science, premiering Monday, July 3 at 9 p.m. ET. And Friday nights stay “country” with the return of new episodes of
- Survival Science (Premieres Monday, July 3 at 9 p.m. ET): In the new original program from Outdoor Channel, Nick Mundt and Laura Schara explore the reasons and science behind surviving in the outdoors when the unexpected happens.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET): The Robertsons continue their reign on Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit A&E series. Also, check out the all-new season of Buck Commander during “Big Country Friday Nights” at 6:30 p.m. ET as current and former MLB players Adam LaRoche, Ryan Langerhans, Tombo Martin, as well as Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean, team up with ‘Boss Hogg’ Willie Robertson.
- Hollywood Weapons (Special Encore Presentations on Mondays at 9:30 p.m. ET): Join U.S. Special Forces veteran Terry Schappert and weapons master and guru Larry Zanoff as they utilize the expertise of Hollywood’s premier prop house and weapons builder — and examine some of the most explosive action in Hollywood movie history.
- Friday nights continue to be the place to catch classic and modern western cinema blockbusters at 8 p.m. ET with The Gunfighter, Will Penny, The Kentuckian, Bait Shop and McLintock!
Sportsman Channel viewers know summer doesn’t mean relaxing by the pool – it means gearing up for fall hunting and tuning in to their preferred shows. Favorites return to the screen with new episodes of Major League Bowhunter, Pigman: The Series, Mathews Dominant Bucks and MCMILLAN. New players are also making their way in the field with The Hunt with Greg and Jake moving from Outdoor Channel to Sportsman Channel with all new episodes.
- MCMILLAN (Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET): The ever-popular series is back with all-new episodes that continue to provide a hilarious, yet very real, glimpse into the life of outfitter, guide, rancher, hunter, farmer and family man – Tom McMillan.
- Pigman: The Series (Sundays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Brian “Pigman” Quaca is a true-blue original and a character at the core, given to a rough and tough hunting lifestyle aimed at entertaining the masses with his different take on traditional hunting television.
- Major League Bowhunter (Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Hosts Matt Duff and future MLB Hall-of-Famer Chipper Jones take viewers through an entire season of deer hunting successes and failures, delivering all aspects of their hunts from “first pitch to last out.”
- Mathews Dominant Bucks (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET): “Dominant Bucks” DIY strategies is Sportsman Channel’s own “how to” buck hunting instruction course. Viewers can learn not only the best tactics and strategies for on-their-own whitetail hunting, but learn how to video the hunt and submit it for a chance to be on the show.
- PSE’s Wild Outdoors (Fridays at 9 p.m. ET): Jay Gregory returns for his impressive 25th season on the air and is joined by his kids, Wyatt and Whitly, who both contribute unforgettable hunts to the 2017 season. Don’t miss the incredible story of Jay’s near-death experience of being shot with a high-powered rifle by a Missouri poacher; this important episode debuts Friday, June 30.
World Fishing Network is the angler’s off-water destination for all things fishing. WFN continues engaging viewers with instruction, tips, tournaments, travel, food, boating, outdoor lifestyle and more. All done with some of the most-recognized personalities in the angling community – including the return of Charlie Moore in a new series titled Charlie Moore: No Offense; Rob Fordyce in his new series The Seahunter and Mark Davis in the premier of Big Water Adventures. How many seasons does it take for a fishing show to tell its tale? We may never know as C.A. Richardson is back for his 11th season of FlatsClass; Master Angler Henry Waszczuk returns for Season 15 of Fishing the Flats and Charlie Ingram and Ray Brazier continue as hosts for the start of their 31st season of America’s original “how to” program Fishing University.
- Charlie Moore: No Offense (Sundays at 9:30 p.m. ET): From redfish and cigar bars in South Carolina to bonefish and lomi-lomi in Hawaii, Charlie has been a guest around the world. And he wants to come to your hometown! But be prepared for him to critique you, in true Mad Fish style.
- The Seahunter (Saturdays at 1 p.m. ET): Rob Fordyce, Captain of “VooDoo Daddy,” has dedicated his life to studying dozens of species and comprehensively understanding the biology, feeding patterns, reproductive cycles, associated weather and migration patterns of the fish he pursues. His pursuits have led to him being considered one of the most-renowned anglers in the industry.
- Big Water Adventures (Thursday at 10 p.m. ET): Mark Davis tries to get inside a fish’s head the only way he knows how: get in the water with them and see as a fish sees. The show features more than 50 fresh and saltwater species – billfish, tuna, wahoo, dorado, mackerel, shark, grouper, redfish, stripers and more – if it plies the coastal currents or the deep streams in pelagic paradise, Mark will be hot on its trail.
- Timmy Horton Outdoors (Mondays at 8 p.m. ET): Timmy fishes exclusively on public waters in all parts of the United States for one fish – black bass. The show focuses on teaching viewers all the tricks and techniques he has learned while competing throughout the country on the professional tournament trail.
Other Q3 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Don’t miss “Whitetail Wednesdays” featuring whitetail hunting at its best from 3–6:30 p.m. ET. Tune in for new episodes from Bucks of Tecomate (4 p.m. ET); Whitetail Freaks (4:30 p.m. ET) and Drury’s THIRTEEN (5:30 p.m. ET), to name a few.
- Jim Shockey and crew return with an all-new season of Jim Shockey’s UNCHARTED (Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET)
- Sportsman Channel
- Other popular series with new episodes this quarter include:
- Realtree’s Monster Bucks (Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET): Catch another great season of all new episodes featuring Bill Jordan and David Blanton of Realtree, along with top names in the outdoor industry.
- Other popular series with new episodes this quarter include:
- World Fishing Network
- Start the week off right every Monday beginning at 8 p.m. ET with “Bass Mondays” on WFN. Enjoy hours of nothing but the best bass fishing shows on television featuring Major League Fishing 2016 Summit Cup (9 p.m. ET) and Kayak Bassin’ TV with Chad Hoover (11 p.m. ET)
- If saltwater is what viewers crave, then it’s time to venture out with a few elite saltwater guides with Catch Me By the Sea on Thursday nights beginning at 8 p.m. ET featuring Florida Sportsman’s Project Dreamboat (9 p.m. ET), Big Water Adventure (10 p.m. ET) and Ultimate Catch (10:30 p.m. ET)
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of numerous established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including: Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman and 19 top websites, including: BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm.