Sportsman Channel and Outdoor Channel Rank Among Top Basic Cable Networks in 2QJuly 26, 2018
Outdoor Channel’s “Hollywood Weapons” Propels Network to Top Growing Basic Cable Network During Saturday Prime with Men 25-54
DENVER (July 26, 2018) – Independent cable networks Sportsman Channel and Outdoor Channel shine in the top ranks of all basic cable networks in year-over-year national ratings growth during total day in the key demographic Men 25-54 during Q2 2018.
Sportsman Channel ranked as the No. 3 basic cable network in year-over-year national ratings growth in Prime with Men 25-54 and fourth with Men 18-49. Outdoor Channel ranked No. 6 among basic cable networks in year-over-year national ratings growth during total day in the target audience of Men 25-54. Outdoor Channel’s Hollywood Weapons also helped the network garner top national ratings growth in Saturday Prime among Men 25-54.
Sportsman Channel (2Q 2018):
- Sportsman Channel ranked in the Top 5 among all basic cable networks in year-over-year national ratings growth in Prime with Men 18-49 and Men 25-54.
- Sportsman Channel, featuring top-rated shows Pigman: The Series, The Lindsey Way, Guns & Ammo, Lake Commandos and Strike King Fish Hard among its line-up of premium hunting, fishing and outdoor lifestyle programming, increased its Men 25-54 national ratings from one year ago in key dayparts including: Daytime (+15%); Fringe (+4%); Prime (+20%) and Total Day (+9%).
Outdoor Channel (2Q 2018):
- Original series Hollywood Weapons and the network’s “Big Action Saturday” line-up propelled Outdoor Channel to the No. 1 growing basic cable network with national ratings during Saturday Prime in the Men 25-54 (+106%) demographic.
- Hollywood Weapons and the “Big Action Saturday” line-up also helped deliver Outdoor Channel’s highest Saturday Prime national ratings during a second quarter in nine years with Adults 25-54 and HH (Q2 2010-Q2 2018).
Outdoor Channel’s overall line-up of top-tier outdoor series and programming delivered year-over-year national ratings growth during Total Day with Men 25-54 (+12%), Men 18-
- 49 (+6%) and HH (+1%).
- Outdoor Channel increased its Men 25-54 national ratings from one year ago in key dayparts including: Daytime (+24%); Fringe (+14%); Weekend (+16%); Overnight (+14%) and Total Day (+12%).
About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is a television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. #MyOutdoorTV
Source: Nielsen Media, Marketbreaks, Live+7, % national rating growth Q2 2018 vs Q2 2017, Rank among all networks based on % growth in national rating Q2 2018 vs Q2 2017; Total Day (M-SU 6A-6A), Prime (M-SU 7P-12A), Saturday Prime (Sat 7P-12A), Daytime (M-F 6A-3P), Fringe (M-F 3P-7P), Weekend (SA-SU 6A-7P). Q2 coverage ratings from Q2 2010 to Q2 2018.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com