Staff Accountant II/Senior Accountant – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Benton, KY
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About the Role
We are looking to fill one position at either a Staff Accountant II or Senior Accountant level dependent on the candidate pool we receive. The nature and examples of work performed below will be the same for either level, and the main differences are noted in the additional duties assigned to the Senior Accountant role.
Nature of Work:
The Staff Accountant II or Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Accounting and Finance team and helps to ensure that the month-end close and reporting process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position is responsible for calculating, posting, and recording financial transactions necessary to produce timely and accurate financial statements. Additionally, this role will provide an analytical self-review and summary of the financial statements.
Examples of work performed:
- Staff Accountant II:
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting for multiple entities, as assigned.
- Review coding of employee purchasing card transactions for accuracy and to ensure proper expense recognition.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly general ledger account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with various projects, as necessary.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Senior Accountant (duties below are in addition to Staff Accountant II duties listed above):
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements, as assigned.
- Assist with revenue tracking, trending and forecasting.
- Assist in developing and administering approved accounting policies and procedures.
- Support the periodic budgeting/reforecast and annual audit processes.
This description is a summary only and describes the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field, required.
- 2+ years professional experience within finance or accounting field.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting principles and theories.
- Excellent systems aptitude and strong analytical skills.
- Excel at problem solving and detail oriented.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work largely independently when given clear direction and to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to keep a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient in all other Windows and Microsoft Office software programs
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software a plus
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel extensively, when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to quickly develop strong affiliate and internal working relationships.
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.