Authentic Storytelling and Adventure Showcased on Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks’ Q3 ProgrammingJune 28, 2021
MeatEater Season 9 Lands in September and Brings Two New Shows to Sportsman Channel; Kick Off Hunting Season with Fall Premiere Week on September 20-25 on Outdoor Channel
DENVER (June 28, 2021) – The outdoors never looked better, both IRL (in real life) and on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network’s Q3 programming lineup debuting Monday, June 28. Catch original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks with each spinning original and authentic storytelling.
Hunt to eat – and savor – what Outdoor Channel is cooking with their Taste of the Wild block on Mondays beginning at 7 p.m. ET featuring new series Man Eats Wild starting in September. Fishing is still ever-close to the hearts of each network’s viewers, so don’t miss Major League Fishing Big5, formally known as FLW Fishing, on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel. The beginning of Fall wouldn’t be complete without #DeerWeek (starting September 13) on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel with a primetime lineup of deer-centric shows hosted by Jeff Danker and country music artist Cody Johnson. And that is quickly followed by Fall Premiere Week kicking off September 20 with stacks of new series premieres on Outdoor Channel.
“The Fall lineup is jam-packed with exciting programs that we are confident will steer viewers outdoors and then back inside to watch more Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network,” Outdoor Sportsman Group Head of Programming Tim Cremin said. “Our networks have a little bit of everything that outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts crave in their television viewing habits.”
Experience all the Fall season has to offer on Outdoor Channel as the network welcomes shows from near and far. For near, check-in to the local rodeo show Kid Rodeo (Fridays, 8 p.m. ET) and for far, head across the pond to experience European-style boar hunts with a new season of Wild Boar Fever “The Art of Boar” (Saturdays, 5:30 p.m. ET). Also, a new season of American Airgunner Challenge returns (Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. ET) for a fierce competition in which the winner receives $25,000 in cash and ultimate bragging rights. “Go play in the backyard” has new meaning on the new series Backyard Ballistics (Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET), plus Hollywood Weapons with Terry Schappert and Larry Zanoff returns for Season Five of showing viewers that Hollywood action isn’t always what is seems (Saturdays, 7:30 p.m. ET). Hunt to eat with Taste of the Wild block of programming Monday nights featuring new series Man Eats Wild and Season 9 of MeatEater, both beginning in September during Outdoor Channel’s Fall Premiere Week September 20-25.
- Kid Rodeo (Premieres September 24, 8 p.m. ET): Go on a journey in this docu-series that follows a select group of kids, their families and coaches as they pursue rodeo dreams with the ultimate showdown taking place every December in Las Vegas.
- Wild Boar Fever “The Art of Boar” (Premieres September 11, 5:30 p.m. ET): Hosted by legendary hunter and conservationist Franz-Albrecht Oettingen-Spielberg; viewers will go on a journey of 11 seasons of the record-breaking series.
- American Airgunner Challenge (Premieres June 30, 7:30 p.m. ET): Reality-style shooting competition that challenges the best airgunners in the world to compete in 10 crazy challenges for $25,000 in cash and the title of American Airgunner Challenge Champion.
- Backyard Ballistics (Premieres September 22, 8 p.m. ET): YouTube legend Jorg Sprave and Vegas auto tech, Cheyenne Ruether, design, build and test some of the world’s most awesome backyard launchers.
- Hollywood Weapons (Premieres September 25, 7:30 p.m. ET): U.S. Special Forces veteran Terry Schappert, along with weapons expert Larry Zanoff, utilizes the expertise of Hollywood’s premier prop house and weapons builder – and breaks down some of the most explosive action in Hollywood history.
- Man Eats Wild (Premieres September 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET): Follow hardcore adventurer and award-winning restaurateur Mario Kalpou on an amazing journey across the globe harvesting wild food in the the most extreme environments.
- MeatEater (Season 9 premieres September 20 at 8 p.m. ET): Hunter, author, cook and conservationist Steven Rinella treks into the world’s most remote, beautiful regions, bringing game meat from field to table.
Sportsman Channel transitions to more blaze orange for the season and features a number of new series, including two series from the production team at MeatEater: MeatEater Hunts (Sundays,
9 p.m.. ET) and Back 40 (Sundays, 1 p.m. ET). Additional new series include, Hang Time with Dave McElroy (Saturdays, 1:30 p.m. ET), The Maverick (Sundays, 8 p.m. ET) and the highly-anticipated series, Major League Fishing Big5 (Sundays, 2 p.m. ET). Waterfowl hunters will enjoy the revamped “Landing Zone” block of programming on Saturdays from 2-5 p.m. ET, now sponsored by Mossy Oak, and featuring new show, Ducks Unlimited TV.
- MeatEater Hunts (Premieres July 4 at 9 p.m. ET): From spearfishing to beaver trapping, follow Steve Rinella and the MeatEater crew in their latest series.
- Back 40 (Premieres July 4 at 1 p.m. ET): The MeatEater crew bought a 64-acre farm in Michigan. The goal is to turn this small, unremarkable piece of ground into a hunting wildlife paradise.
- Hang Time with Dave McElroy (Premieres July 3 at 1:30 p.m. ET): Dave McElroy and his friends from the worlds of country music and sports are hunting and fishing across North America.
- The Maverick (Premieres July 4 at 8 p.m. ET): Freddy Harteis, now The Maverick, is taking off the filter with a behind-the-scenes view of exciting hunts, epic content and tasteful education that will leave viewers wanting more.
- Ducks Unlimited TV (Premieres July 3 at 2 p.m. ET): Always delivering the best in waterfowl action, tips and tactics, plus conservation news.
- Major League Fishing Big5 (Premieres July 4 at 2 p.m. ET): Catch five tournament circuits using the five-biggest-fish format.
World Fishing Network wants viewers to get hooked on the fishing experts and personalities that cast their lines across the network. Premiere shows with new episodes this season include: Fishful Thinker (Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m ET); The Obsession of Carter Andrews (Wednesdays, 6 p.m. ET); Bill Dance Saltwater (Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET) and The Seahunter (Thursdays, 9:30 p.m. ET), plus more. Sunday nights are for storytime as viewers can learn the challenges of local fisherman in
The Fishmonger (Sundays, 9:30 p.m. ET) and explore the lives of people with tremendous life experiences in A Fishing Story with Ronnie Green (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET).
Other Q3 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- SHOT Show New Product Premiere (week of June 28 and July 4, nightly at 6 p.m.) – catch the encore program from the 2021 virtual SHOT Show. Also airing on Sportsman Channel.
- #DeerWeek (September 13-19, beginning at 7 p.m. ET nightly): Airing on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel, the fifth annual week-long epic lineup of the best deer hunting is back and hosted by Jeff Danker and country music artist Cody Johnson.
- Favorites returning to the airwaves: Sporting Classics with Chris Dorsey (Saturdays, 12:30 p.m. ET), Humanimal (Mondays, 10 p.m. ET) and Inside Outdoors TV (Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. ET).
- Heat up the summer with new episodes: Addicted to the Outdoors (Sundays, 12:30 p.m. ET), The Lindsay Way (Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m. ET) and Crush with Lee & Tiffany (Sundays, 8 p.m. ET).
- Sportsman Channel
- Continuing to bring the pages of their respected magazines to life, North American Whitetail (Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET), Guns & Ammo (Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET), Bowhunter TV (Wednesdays, 9:30 p.m. ET) and In-Fisherman TV (Sundays, 9:30 a.m. ET) carry on their series runs with helpful hints and how-to’s from the editors and experts who have (almost) done it all.
- ATA New Product Premiere – from the virtual show held in January to re-air on July 17 at 6 p.m. ET.
- Other favorites returning on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include: Red Rising (Tuesdays, 8 p.m. ET); Guns and Gear (Thursdays, 8:30 p.m. ET) and Brotherhood Outdoors (Sundays, 11 a.m. ET).
- Additional new series making their debuts include: Ozonics Killer Winds (Sundays, 5 p.m. ET), Wild Memories TV (Sundays, 10 a.m. ET) and Gun Dog TV (Saturdays,
4:30 p.m. ET)
- Saturday nights are a mixed bag of big game hunting with the return of Trijicon’s World of Sports Afield (Saturdays, 8 p.m. ET) and Hornady’s Dark and Dangerous (Saturdays, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- World Fishing Network
- The reel life is the good life – tune in for these notable shows:
- Catching Bass with Dustin Wilks (Mondays, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Spear Life (Saturdays, 9 p.m. ET)
- Jimmy Houston Outdoors (Wednesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Major League Fishign Bass Pro Tour – 2020 (Mondays, 8 p.m., Saturdays, 1 p.m. and Sundays, 9 a.m. ET)
- Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show (Mondays, 11 p.m., Wednesdays, 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 12 p.m. ET)
- Sweetwater (Saturdays, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- The reel life is the good life – tune in for these notable shows:
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as Sportsman Channel Canada and MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of a number of established publishing assets: 16 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Game & Fish, Petersen’s HUNTING, In-Fisherman and 20 top websites, including OutdoorChannelPlus.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com