Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel Fishing Programs Deliver Growth and Success in Key Demo: Men 25-54July 8, 2019
DENVER (July 8, 2019) – Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel fishing programs are delivering growth and success among Men 25-54. Returning fishing programs continue to build their loyal audiences, year-after-year, and are experiencing greater growth compared to one year ago.
Outdoor Channel Highlights:
- Overall, the average fishing program on Outdoor Channel is delivering +23% more Men 25-54 this year compared to one year ago.
- Outdoor Channel’s success in 2Q2019 is being driven by fishing programs that deliver – on average – +29% more Men 25-54 versus the average non-fishing program.
- Among Outdoor Channel fishing shows that are experiencing above average growth compared to one year ago in overall delivery among Men 25-54* are:
- Bill Dance Outdoors
- Fishing Edge
- Fishing University
- Hook N’ Look
- Major League Fishing
- The Obsession of Carter Andrews
- Trev Gowdy’s Monster Fish
- Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show
- Outdoor Channel’s new fishing series including: VooDoo Crew, Robson Green Grand Slam Fishing and Robson Green Extreme Fisherman are also contributing to the channel’s dominance in the fishing category.
- VooDoo Crew, which recently launched on Outdoor Channel in May, reached more than 1.1 million households making it Cable’s No.1 Salt Water Fishing Show during its premiere month.^
Sportsman Channel Highlights:
- Overall, the average fishing program on Sportsman Channel is delivering +26% more Men 25-54 this year compared to one year ago.
- Returning fishing programs are experiencing higher increases on Sportsman Channel with viewership among Men 25-54 up +32% compared to last year.
- Among Sportsman Channel fishing shows that are experiencing above average growth compared to one year ago in overall delivery among Men 25-54* are:
- Al McGlashan’s Fishin’ with Mates
- Emerald Tails
- Extreme Kayak Fishing Challenge
- Into the Blue
- Livin’ The Dream with Captain Jimmy Nelson
- The MudbuMs
- The Scott Martin Challenge
- Strike King’s Fish Hard
- Xtreme Crappie Angler
- Sportsman Channel also has a variety of new fishing series including: Fishing 411, Florida Sportsman Watermen, Here’s The Catch, Jarrett Edwards Outdoors, Knot Right Kayak Fishing with Chad Hoover, Know Fishing, Ray Van Horn’s Captains Journal, Reel Bragging Rights, Two Conchs Sportfishing TV and Unfathomed which have launched to strong results and are helping to build on the channel’s success in the genre.
For more information about Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks visit: www.outdoorsg.com
About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD/Sportsman Channel Canada (added in 2019) are television and digital media networks fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of North Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Canada delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Channel Canada embrace the attitude of celebrating the Great Outdoors in equal measure. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. #IAmSportsman. #MyOutdoorTV
*Source: Nielsen, StarTrak, April-May 2019, April-May 2018, Live+7 Men 25-54 (000), Weighted average of All Fishing programs.
^Source: Comscore, TV Essentials, 4/26/19-5/26/19, Series Summary, Sports Genre, Ranked on HH (000) among all Salt Water Fishing series on Cable.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com